Special Assistance at Edinburgh Fringe
with 'Welcome by Neatebox'
Welcome is a free app which allows you to request visits to our box offices and High Street Meeting Area, indicating the areas you need our team to have awareness of and the assistance you require. We will be notified of the visit request and receive an overview of your disability and top tips to aide the interaction with you. We implemented this service to ensure that your needs are met upon arrival and believe that it will improve your experience on the High Street.
Download "Welcome by Neatebox"
Where can you use 'Welcome'?
Edinburgh Fringe vEnues
Use the 'Welcome' app if you need some special assistance when buying or collecting tickets at the Fringe Shop, Fringe Box Office and Virgin Money Half Price Hut. The system will also be used at Fringe Central and the Mobiloo Changing Places Facilities.
Assistance for High Street Events
Between 13th - 27th August, Fringe volunteers will assist everyone who uses the 'Welcome' app from the ends of High Street, i.e. the Fringe Archways, to the stages of the High Street events. This extra help in navigating the busy streets will make your Fringe experience much more enjoyable.
Other Edinburgh venues
The 'Welcome' app is also used in other venues around Edinburgh, like Edinburgh Airport, Jenners House of Fraser or DoubleTree Hilton in the City Centre. Make sure you use the app for a more inclusive experience at participating venues.
Guide to use 'Welcome'
Set up Welcome
Before you book your first visit, make sure the app is set up with all the necessary information.
Sign up with your emails and password
- Create your profile:
- Add a photo so staff know who you are
- Indicate areas you want customer service to have awareness of
- Select what you the types of assistance you usually require
- Browse venues you can visit
- You can't find the venue you're looking for? Request it here.
Book your Visit
Now that your profile is set up, go ahead and book your first visit.
- Go to the venue profile and click "Going"
- Share your details:
- Select a time band for you visit (up to 2 weeks in advance)
- Tell the venue staff about your specific needs during the visit. Make sure you use the additional comments field.
- Make sure you have your bluetooth and location sharing enabled (phone settings)
Tell us about your Visit
We'd love to hear how you enjoyed your visit. One day after your visit, Welcome will notify you of the possibility to leave feedback. You can also email us at email@example.com. This will help not only the venue staff in improving their customer service but will also give us essential input on how to improve the app.