A chronic or persistent disorder of the mental processes caused by brain disease or injury and marked by memory disorders, personality changes and impaired reasoning. www.alzheimers.org.uk
- Approach from the front and introduce yourself using more formal address ie Mr Smith.
- Minimise other distractions where possible.
- Maintain eye contact to aid focus.
- Speak clearly and calmly making one point at a time.
- Avoid complicated questions and be patient with answers.
- Avoid contradiction or arguments.
- Do not speak down to.