Epilepsy is a neurological disorder marked by sudden recurrent episodes of sensory disturbance loss of consciousness, or convulsions, associated with abnormal electrical activity in the brain. www.epilepsy.org.uk
Top Tips (in event of a seizure):
- Stay calm
- Look around - is the person in a dangerous place? If not, don't move them. Move objects away from them.
- Note the time the seizure starts
- Stay with them. Stay calm.
- Cushion their head.
- Don't hold them down.
- Don't put anything in their mouth.
- Check time again if longer than five minutes call ambulance.
- After seizure has stopped place them in the recovery position.
- Stay with them until they are fully recovered.