This can be any degree and type or auditory disorder, while deafness means an extreme inability to discriminate conversational speech through the ear. It can affect one or both ears. Some people use lip reading skills. www.actiononhearingloss.org.uk
- Approach the customer from the front.
- Speak clearly and don't shout.
- Face the customer when speaking to them.
- Repeat yourself if necessary.
- Use clear and concise language.
- Avoid having your back to a light source such as a window as this might make it difficult to see your mouth