Learning Difficulty and Learning Disability
A learning disability is a reduced intellectual ability and difficulty with everyday activities - for example, household tasks, socialising or managing money - which affects someone for their whole life. www.scope.com
- Find a good place to communicate in. Somewhere quiet without distractions.
- Ask open questions that don't have a simple "yes" or "no" answer.
- Check with the person that you understand what they are saying.
- If the person wants to take you with them to show you something go with them.
- Be aware that some people find it easier to use real objects to communicate but pictures can really help too.