Mobility impairments can vary from not being able to walk through to using a wheelchair or powerchair, to being able to walk short distances or with the support of a mobility aid such as walking stick, crutches or walking frame. www.scope.com
- Always introduce yourself.
- Speak directly to the person.
- If the person uses a mobility aid ask if they would like a seat.
- Ask permission before touching the person's wheelchair or mobility aid.
- Offer to carry items if required or bring things to the person.
- If you are having a lengthy conversation with a wheelchair user find a seat and sit down.