Problems faced by people with physical impairments include poor muscle control, weakness and fatigue, difficulty walking, talking, seeing, speaking, sensing or grasping, difficulty in reaching things, and difficulty doing complex or compound manipulations.
- Welcome your visitor and always introduce yourself
- Where appropriate ask your customer "How can I help?"
- If you are not sure what was said, politely ask your customer to repeat the information.
- If you offer assistance, wait until you receive permission.
- If your customer is speaking very slowly or using a communication aid, wait patiently for them to finish.